Call For Papers
Post Conference Publications
Venue, Hotel and Travel
The Society for Computational Economics is pleased to announce the finalists in our annual contest for outstanding graduate student papers:
Winner(s) will be announced and awards will be presented at the conference in Taipei.
- Philipp Harting, Bielefeld University, Germany
- Markus Riegler, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- Camilo Morales-Jimenez, University of Maryland
We solicit student papers with a strong computational component,
in any branch of economics, finance, and decision making, for the award of the SCE 2015 Student Prize.
The recipient(s) of the student prize will receive a cash award and will be invited to the conference,
according to the rules below:
- A paper is eligible for the prize if all its authors are either students at the time of the conference or have completed
their Ph.D. not earlier than November 1, 2014.
- Up to three finalists will be short-listed for the prize. The finalists will be invited to the conference and the conference banquet,
with the conference and banquet fees waived. Their papers will be included in the conference program.
- Finalists must present their papers at the conference and attend the award ceremony. Not doing so eliminates them ipso facto.
- The student prize will be awarded to zero, one, two or three finalists:
one winner: 1500 euros
two winners: 1250 euros each
three winners: 1000 euros each
- The other finalists will each receive a certificate honoring their work and 750 euros.
- All finalists agree to have their picture taken and used for publicity, if any, for future awards.
Mention must be made of the student prize in any publication directly related to the paper they submitted.
Deadlines and contest entry procedures:
Papers and proof of eligibility must be submitted before February 16, 2015, midnight, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with cc: to email@example.com.
The subject line of the email MUST be "CEF studentprize". The paper MUST be in .PDF format.
The PDF file MUST be named "CEF2015_familyname of the corresponding author".
While this is not required, we strongly suggest that the contestants comply with all the conference requirements.
This includes submitting an abstract to Conference Maker by February 16, 2015 and registering to attend the conference by the stated deadlines.
Those who become a contest finalist will be promptly and fully refunded for the registration fee. The finalists will be informed by April 15, 2015.
Contest entry deadline is February 16, 2015.