Special Session on "Linguistics and Cultual Analytics"
Call for Papers
Special Session Organizers:
As part of the Duke Forest Conference's call for interdisciplinary research into ``digital society," this Special Session invites papers in linguistics, cultural analytics, and digital humanities. We ask how the study of language, history, and culture can contribute to data-based research in the social sciences, including economics. Our aim is to discover new questions and research agendas in linguistics and the humanities, and to ask how humanities-based research into digital media and society can evolve with the social sciences in the age of ``big data."
Paper topics might include:
- Complex systems and culture
- Social network analysis and mining
- Semantic web and information retrieval
- Cultural analytics
- Text mining and topic modeling
- Digital media and mobile technologies
- Digital games and learning
- Digital arts and design
- Law, cybersecurity, and privacy
- Critical language and media theory