Call For Papers
Post Conference Publications
Venue, Hotel and Travel
- Hotel and stay
- Travel Information
- Useful Chinese Phrases
(The venue hotel is full now)
We recommend the participants to avail the stay facility provided by the Howard Civil Service International House, our venue hotel for the conference. Limited number of
rooms in different categories have been reserved for the conference participants, who can avail them at discounted prices, provided they book the rooms before May 4, 2015.
They bookings are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Note that the discounted prices are guaranteed only if the reservations are made before May 4, 2015. Regular rates will apply for bookings that are done later than this date.
For making reservations, please fill the booking form (which can be downloaded from here) and directly return the reservation form to
The Howard Civil Service International House, Taipei, by fax: +886-2-7712-2333 or email: email@example.com before May 4, 2015.
Taipei is a well connected city with an excellent public transportation infrastructure. There are two airports in Taipei - Taoyuan International Airport (Airport Code: TPE) and Songshan Airport (Airport code: TSA). Among the two, Taoyuan International Airport (Airport Code: TPE) is the bigger, more connected, International airport.
Please note that the participants have to contact the hotel directly and NOT the organizers.
From the Taoyuan airport, you can reach Taipei city by taxi or shuttle bus. More information can be found here. On reaching Taipei city, it is quite convenient
to travel to different parts of the city by metro or by bus. The closest metro station to the venue is Taipower Building Station.
The routemaps for Taipei metro can be found here .
The street signs in Taipei are written both in Chinese and English. Bus or MRT can take you to almost everywhere in Taipei.
For attractions and travel suggestions, please visit MRT website, Welcome to Taiwan , or Taipei Travel Net.
You can also pick up free touring brochures and pamphlets at the Travel Service Center in the airport, Visitor Centers, or the MRT stations.
Our venue for the conference is Howard Civil Service International House (福華國際文教會館),
No. 30,Sec. 3,XinSheng South Road. Taipei, 106,Taiwan,R.O.C. 台北市新生南路三段30號
Click here for the venue website
Getting to the venue:
- From the Airport:
- A taxi ride can take you to the venue in about 50 minutes and the fare will be (approximately) under NT$1500.
- From Taoyuan International Airport, you can take the high-speed rail (HSR) to Taipei Railway Station and transfer to Taipei MRT.
- When you reach Taipower Building Station by taking MRT, take exit no.2.
- When you get out of exit no.2, turn left and walk along Xinhai Road for 10 to 15 minutes
- When you reach the junction of XinSheng S. Road, turn left.
- Howard Civil Service International House will be immediately after the junction.
- If you are coming from Songshan Airport, take a taxi for about 20 minutes to reach the venue directly. The taxi fare to the venue will be under NT$200.
- If you are coming by car:
- National Highway No. 1:
Exit Yuanshan Interchange and turn to Jianguo Road (elevated road) → turn right after you exit Heping E. Rd. → turn left to Xingsheng S. Road → turn right to Xinhai Road → turn into the underground parking of Howard Civil Service International House.
- National Highway No. 3:
Exit Shengkeng Interchange and drive towards Taipei → pass the Xinhai Road underpass and go straight → from Jianguo S. Rd. turn left to Xinhai Road and drive on the surface road→ after passing the Xingsheng S. Road intersection → turn to the underground parking of Howard Civil Service International House. For more information, please contact:
+886 2 7712 2323
- For details regarding bus connections, you can look up here. The closest bustop to the venue is Longan Elementary School.
- We encourage participants to take taxi to reach the venue. The average taxi fare from most places in Taipei city is less than NT$200.
Howard Civil Service International House (福華國際文教會館)
No. 30,Sec. 3,XinSheng South Road. Taipei,
- Please take me to Howard Civil Service International House.
- Please take me to Shin-Yeh Xinyi Place A11 Restaurant.
台北市松壽路11號5F 電話(TEL): 8780-1366
- Please take me to Taoyuan International Airport, Terminal 1
- Please take me to Taoyuan International Airport, Terminal 2
- Please take me to Songshan Airport.
- Can you please guide me to the closest MRT station?
- Can you Please guide me to the closest pharmacy?
- Some Emergency Numbers in Taiwan: Fire/Ambulance: 119, Police: 110